Welcome to Rochford Press. Rochford Press was set up in the late 1980s to publish P76 magazine. In all it published 5 issues of P76 which was one of the leading independent Australian Literary magazines of the late 1980’s. It also published 4 books:
- Les Wicks (Cannibals … Humans Have Soft Centres)
- Dipti Saravanamuttu (Statistic for the New World),
- Rob Finlayson (Songs Ov Th City Ov Desire and Fear)
- Mark Roberts (Stepping Out of Line).
Rochford Street Press emerged from a long slumber in late 2011 and established the on-line review site Rochford Street Review. It will shortly publish two new publications in a limited hard copy edition. The two publications are:
- P76 Issue 6 – The Lost Issue. This was an issue of P76 which was being compiled during 1992 and 1993 but, for a number of reasons, never saw the light of day. Now, 19 years later it is finally set to emerge into another century!
- The Selected Your Friendly Fascist. Your Friendly Fascist was a poetry magazine so deep underground that it caused tremors among persons of a pious literary persuasion on the dread occasions of its appearance. The magazine served as an outlet for views and feelings which are not expressed in polite company. Your Friendly Fascist was not the only outrageous small literary publication of its time, but it took pleasure in divergent views. Poetry can tend to sombre pomposity, or the self –consciously polite. If there is a secret to the Fascist’s modest success, it is in the energy with which it rode on the un-ironed coat tails of unruly expression. Rae Desmond Jones and John Edwards remained at the helm of the magazine despite frequent inebriation, from the magazine’s beginnings in 1971 to its final burial with absolutely no honours at all in 1986. Rae Desmond Jones has made a selection of material that appeared in YFF and pulled together an creation that sits well with the ratbaggery tradition that was Your Friendly Fascist.
We will be posting more details soon. In the meantime, if you would like more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org